Thursday, February 16, 2012

Babe in Boyland by Jody Gehrman

When high school junior Natalie - or Dr. Aphrodite, as she calls herself when writing the relationship column for her school paper - is accused of knowing nothing about guys and giving girls bad relationship advice, she decides to investigate what guys really think and want. But the guys in her class won't give her straight or serious answers. The only solution? Disguising herself as a guy and spending a week at Underwood Academy, the private all-boy boarding school in town. There she learns a lot about guys and girls in ways she never expected - especially when she falls for her dreamy roommate, Emilio. How can she show him she likes him without blowing her cover?

Summary taken from Goodreads 


First off, I love this cover! It was so adorable and playful I couldn't help but pick it up!


Babe in Boyland was a cute, but predictable read. If you've seen She's the Man (or read the original Shakespeare play) you've read this book. But it was still a fun read.


Natalie goes under cover as a boy at an all boys school to find out what boys really think about relationships and why boys do the things they do (which I'm sure all us girls would LOVE to know). As fate would have it, she gets a super hot, sensitive boy as her roommate. And of course, 
  she falls in love with him, but can't do anything about it. Hilarity ensues. 


Parts were laugh out loud funny. Especially the closet scene. SO funny! 


All in all, it was a cute, quick read. I'm glad I read it but didn't buy it. I'd say it's worth your time, but get it from the library or a friend.

2 comments:

The Book Rogue said...

It actually sounds interesting, but if it really is that predictable... I don't know if I should give it a shot. We'll see...

Erica said...

This one has been on my radar since I first heard about it before it came out, I really need to get my hands on it one of these days. I adore the cover.

Post a Comment