Thursday, November 15, 2012

We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han

It's been two years since Conrad told Belly to go with Jeremiah. She and Jeremiah have been inseparable ever since, even attending the same college-- only, their relationship hasn't exactly been the happily ever after Belly had hoped it would be. And when Jeremiah makes the worst mistake a boy can make, Belly is forced to question what she thought was true love. Does she really have a future with Jeremiah? Has she ever gotten over Conrad? It's time for Belly to decide, once and for all, who has her heart forever.

 Summary taken from Goodreads


Unfortunately,  this was my least favorite book in the series. But that doesn't mean I didn't like it. It just wasn't what I wanted or what I expected. I felt like everyone kept doing things that were out of character. 

I spent almost the entire book being so furious with Jeremiah. Which definitely had never happened before. I really liked Jeremiah and Belly together, but they just kept making terrible mistakes that didn't make any sense to me.

Honestly, Conrad was all that kept me reading. He is just... so broken and messed up and I just want to fix him! 

All in all, I was happy with the ending, but the rest of the book was lacking. 

And now for something new here! I'm going to try to start writing down certain quotes I liked from books. These might be a little spoilerish so read at your own risk!

"It's not all the sudden," he said, his eyes locked on mine. "It's always."

"When did you know you were in love?"
I didn't have an answer to that question. There hadn't been one specific moment. It was like gradually waking up. You go from being asleep to the space between dreaming and awake then into consciousness. It's a slow process, but when you're awake, there's no mistaking it. 
There was no mistaking it was love.


So, for those of you who've read it, who did you want Belly to end up with?

0 comments:

Post a Comment