Monday, December 5, 2011

Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler

“Thou art the Black Rider. Go thee out unto the world.”

Lisabeth Lewis has a black steed, a set of scales, and a new job: she’s been appointed Famine. How will an anorexic seventeen-year-old girl from the suburbs fare as one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse?

Traveling the world on her steed gives Lisa freedom from her troubles at home: her constant battle with hunger, and her struggle to hide it from the people who care about her. But being Famine forces her to go places where hunger is a painful part of everyday life, and to face the horrifying effects of her phenomenal power. Can Lisa find a way to harness that power — and the courage to battle her own inner demons.


Summary taken from Goodreads





Something in Hunger was missing for me. It's hard to pick my finger on what it was though. 


I think it might have just been that I couldn't connect to the story or the characters. Lisabeth was clearly dealing with a very serious disease. I don't know why but I couldn't connect with her at all. 


Death was probably my favorite character. He was the only interesting character in my opinion. He was the only thing that kept me reading even though he was barely in it.


I'm going to read Rage at some point, but if it falls short for me again I think that will be it for me. 


Sadly this is was only a two star read for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment