Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Top Ten Tuesdays: Top Ten Childhood Faves

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish



1. The entire Harry Potter series.
This is probably the obvious one that will be on a lot of people's list, but I don't care. Harry Potter was my childhood and I will never stop loving this series.

2. Love You Forever by Robert N. Munsch  
I loved when my mom would read this to me when I was a little good. Always going to be one of my favorites and I can't wait to read it to my kids when I have them.

3. Matilda by Roald Dahl
Probably another book that's going to be on everyone's list, or at least an author that will be. I loved all of his books. In fact, I think I need to reread them soon. It's been years.

4. The Pendragon series by D.J. Mac Hale
I loved this series as in middle school, and I still do. They're pretty awesome.

5. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
Another middle school read for me but I just loved this book. It was so cool to read about a girl who loved books as much as I do. And could bring the characters to life! How cool is that! It was great =]


6. Cirque du Freak by Darren Shan
My best friend and I started reading these together in sixth grade. We both loved them so much. I still haven't finished them since I lost interest in high school but I've been going back and reading them again. They're still pretty great.

7. Goosebumps by R.L. Stine
Goosebumps!!! I loved Goosebumps! Especially the choose your own adventures ones! I had to read them in secret though because my family thought they were too scary for me. I was always such a rebel.

8. The Charlie Bone series by Jenny Nimmo
These were so great! This is making me wanna reread all the books I loved as a kid. Might have to think about that...

9. Holes by Louis Sachar
What a fabulous book. I must have read it four or five times when I was in elementary and middle school. The first time we read it for class I had already read it once or twice. Needless to say I aced that book report!

10. Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls
Saddest and best book I have ever read. This book will always stay with me. I remember when we read this one in fifth grade and I started bawling uncontrollably. Seriously. I had to leave the room. Another book I really wanna read again but I don't know if my heart can take it.


So what's on your list? Leave me a link!

0 comments:

Post a Comment