Thursday, September 1, 2011

Supernaturally by Kiersten White

Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be . . . kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.
But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.
So much for normal. 

Summary taken from Goodreads


The first thing that comes to mind about this series is: hilarious. Sure there's a lot of other things going on, but my favorite part is the humor. There was one part that stuck in my mind pretty well. Evie was thinking about something that was actually pretty serious. She related it to her love for cupcakes. The next line was just, "Mmm. Cupcakes." I busted out laughing.

Evie is such a great main character. Like I said, hilarious. But she's also headstrong, tough, makes mistakes, and a little broken. Which makes me love her even more. Watching her try to discover some of her past was so heartbreaking. This book is all about Evie trying to find a place to really call home, and I think that's something we can all relate to. I think Evie is one of the most real main characters I've read in awhile. The most human, even if she isn't, you know, technically human.

I wish that this book had more Lend. He starts college at the beginning so we don't see him as much as I would have liked. But if it was up to me, it would be all Lend, all the time.

Plot wise, I really like the direction this one took. Watching Evie battle with herself was really interesting. Being an Empty One sure isn't easy...

However, I wasn't as surprised but the ending in this one as I was with Paranormalcy. I figured a few things out ahead of times. But don't worry, White left me with plenty of questions for the next (and final *sad face*) book.

This was a four star read for me. Cannot wait for the next one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment